In 1972 Mr J Cordone purchased the freehold property. The petrol pumps were closed and the business became known La Campagnola, selling take-away food and specialising in pizzas. Later it became a BYO restaurant. Gellati was made on the premises, with 5 vans selling to the public at coastal resorts and other venues. In 1978 a caravan park was opened. It is now named Geelong Surfcoast Highway Holiday Park and has motel units, deluxe cabins and ensuite powered sites. Odyssey Tavern and Brewery now operates at the site.
In the early 20th century a blacksmith, Harry Adolf, operated at this location. The business was later sold to Gus Cherry.
Charles Auguste Pierrehumbert leased the land and grapes were grown until the phylloxera disease put an end to the vineyards in the area.
Robert Purdie was the owner in the 1880s. He was a native of Peeblesshire Scotland, arriving in Geelong in 1852 with his family. He died in August 1902 at the age of 86 at Mount Duneed. He is buried with his wife Helen (née Chisholm) in the Presbyterian section of the Geelong Eastern Cemetery. Helen died in August 1904 at the age of 84.
Robert's son John Purdie was a newsagent in Geelong. He travelled to Geelong from this home each day in a pony drawn jinker. He was not married and shared the house with his three unmarried sisters. He died on 18 May 1926, aged 79 years, and was buried with his sister, Helen, at the Geelong Eastern Cemetery.
When repair work was being carried out on this house, about 1959-60, a bottle containing newspapers dated 1858, a Maundy coin (4d value) dated 1854 and a letter from the original owner was found. It was reported on the front page of the Geelong Advertiser. About 1962-3 the land was subdivided and 10 acres was sold to Dr IJB Young, a horse veterinary surgeon.