The members of the Committee of Management elected were:
David McLaren Whitelaw
Alfred Gilbert White
The regulations for the reserve were decided on and were printed on cloth.
The recreation reserve in Russells Road originally stretched to Williams Road. The rifle range was situated in the south west area, shooting towards the east. Preliminary meetings were held during 1900 to establish a rifle club. The range was opened on 5 January 1901. A block was fenced off for the Wesleyan church. The remains of the church, which was destroyed in the 1944 fire, are still visible to the east of the entrance gate. The cemetery is situated on this reserve in Williams Road. To the south of the cemetery land was reserved for a Presbyterian church and manse. This church was never built and the land was later sold. The Mount Duneed Pony Club, which was founded in 1985, uses the reserve. Cricket is played on Saturdays on the oval.