The Mount Duneed Wesleyan Methodist Church which was erected in 1857 on a block in the recreation reserve was destroyed by fire in 1944. The map above shows the block on the south side of Russells Road where the church once stood. To the east of this block the road is unmade. The block on the north-east corner of the reserve which is in Williams Road was once a quarry and is now occupied by the pistol club. The south-east corner was once reserved for the Presbyterian Church but this was never built. To the north of this block is the cemetery. The entrance to the pony club is to the west of the Methodist church.