Minnie May — born 1875
Elizabeth Jane — born 1878
Eleanor — born 1880
Lily Lillian — born 1882
Walter William — born 1884
Lydia — born 1886
Walker owned "Bay View" stables in Corio Terrace next to the Geelong Coffee Palace. He had stabling for 80 horses. Wedding carriages, four in hand wagons, single and double buggies and dog carts could be hired with a competent steady driver. He also had a bus line to North Geelong.
In 1895, he built substantial bluestone stables at 327 Shannon Avenue Newtown providing accommodation for eleven horses. He was reputed to have used stone from Foster Fyans old house "Balyang" near Princes Bridge. This building is currently for sale:
He acquired a bus from Cardiff which he called the Sunbeam. On the first day that the Sunbeam was in service it was drawn by four grey horses. St Augustine's Orphanage Band was taken to town and back, playing music as it went. He continued to run his bus service until November 1901.
William and Jane lived at Calder Park, Mount Duneed from 1902 to 1908. Jane died on 1 Jun 1919 aged 75 years and was buried at the Geelong Eastern Cemetery. William who died in September 1922 aged 76 was buried with her.
Jane Clydesdale had previously married John Slann Kishere on 23 July 1859. In the early morning, just before daybreak on 10 December 1871 he attempted to murder his whole family before committing suicide. The Geelong Advertiser printed a long article about the inquest on 12 December 1871.
Five weeks earlier John had retired as publican at the Balmoral Hotel at Fyansford, a position he had held for eleven years. They moved to a white painted brick cottage on the western side of the road leading to the Western Cemetery (now Minerva Road).
They had five children:
William John — born 1861
Mary Ann — born 1863
Henrietta Emily — born 1865
Edward Slann — born 1872
Robert Joseph — born 1867
Jane was the daughter of John Clydesdale and Ann née Marshall. John and Ann were bounty immigrants aboard the ship Thomas Arbuthnot arriving in Port Philip on 2 October 1841. They had married in Glasgow on 7 April 1833. They brought with them Ann Morrison, Ann's daughter from a previous marriage. Jane was born on 16 August 1842; her brother John in 1845. After coming to Geelong John was soon involved in operating the Corio Livery Stables connected to the Victoria Hotel on the corner of Moorabool and Little Myers Streets. He shifted to other locations over time to the rear of the Rock of Cashel Inn, the Union Hotel and the Red Lion in Moorabool Street.
In September 1856 he became licensee of the Bridge Inn in Modewarre.