William Honey who was born in 1814, arrived in the colony of 23 February 1842 with his wife Mary Ann (née Grigg). They had the following children:
Mary Elizabeth — born about 1842, died on 27 July 1873 aged 31 years at Stone Park Barrabool Hills, buried at Geelong Eastern Cemetery
Thomas Hooper — born about 1844, married Mary Alicia Hose in 1883, died on 21 February 1914 aged 70 years at his home 180 Upper Autumn Street Geelong West
William — born in 1851, married Ann Sophia McCann on 11 July 1872 at her home. Ann died on 3 May 1873 aged 20 at her home the day after giving birth to their daughter, In 1877 William married her younger sister Mary Ellen, died in 1927 aged 76 at Geelong
Richard — born in 1854, died aged 4 months
William came to the Barrabool Hills in the early 1840s on the recommendation of a shipboard friend, James Piper. He purchased land in 1851 and established "Stone Park Farm" in what is now Honeys Road. As this house was destroyed by fire, he built a second twelve roomed house out sandstone quarried from the site which became known as "Merrawarp". His brother, John, owned land south of "Stone Park Farm".
He was a Barrabool Shire councillor serving from 1868 until his death on 5 April 1869. After his death "Stone Park Farm" was divided between William and his brother Thomas, with William taking the "Merrawarp" section. On William's death in 1927 aged 72 his son, Garry, inherited the farm.
William's son, William, was also a Barrabool councillor. His term in office was from 1881 until 1886.
The Bluestone Cottage at Marshall
Together They Served
Torquay Museum Without Walls
Geelong and District Database
Geelong Cemetery Index
Australian War Memorial
Surf Coast Early Schools
Barwon Heads History